Thought #23. Button it! I'm trying to think.


Beliefs, thoughts, words and silence. I would tell a downright lie if I denied that I often rack my brains. Today is not an exception. I do have beliefs. For example, I do believe in mankind. I really do.  Yesterday, I was criticised by a reader on account of my last blog post. Criticism can be defined as the expression of disapproval of someone or something on the basis of perceived faults or mistakes.

The perceptions expressed in the message can be summed up as follow: I am deeply ignorant and condescending and my writing is grandiloquent. But it turns out that it is not strictly true. I am utterly ignorant about almost everything but saying that the rise of atheism resulted in "dictatorships, hunger and genocide" shows a deep flaw in the mind of this reader.

New York 9/11, Madrid 14M, London 7/7. Terrorism, politics, fundamentalism and religion. The link is obvious to me. Luckily, people need to believe in something and I believe in people. Am I being grandiloquent? I genuinely cling to the belief that one day, humanity will be the force to be reckoned with. A powerful, creative and social force that may set humanity apart by bringing about equality.

Up until then, we will need to learn how to fight a war without weapons. Using devious tactics to level criticism at my blog is not going to stop my thoughts. In my utopian vision of the world: war-torn countries will die out, famine will become a thing of the past, crime will be fiction and equality a common sight, once and for all. The question is how to transform an utopia into something attainable. The answer is yet to be known.

Beliefs and thoughts, words and silence have a long journey ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought #1. Practice makes perfect.

Thought #22. The elephant in the room.

Thought #32. Invisible to the naked eye.